Interested in working at Southbound 2015?
Event Staff and Volunteers
Want to experience WA’s iconic music festival from behind the scenes?
Well you can! We have various vacancies for paid and volunteer roles such as;
- helping set up the site before the festival begins;
- directing cars into the festival;
- welcoming patrons at the gate;
- as one of the cool campsite crew;
- coordinating festival buses;
- keeping the crews fed and watered as a part of our tireless staff registration team.
Regardless of what you do, the work is fun, it’s easy, and you’ll get to meet heaps of awesome people- all whilst you earn your event ticket!
To earn a 2 day Festival Ticket, you will be required to volunteer for 2 x 6 hour volunteer shifts for a Weekend Festival Ticket (no camping), 2 x 7 hour volunteer shifts for a 2 day Happy Camper ticket and 2 x 8 hour volunteer shifts for a 3 day Happy Camper ticket. Shifts times and dates will be announced closer to the festival.
Staff camping is provided to set up staff/volunteers during the set up days, and to event staff/volunteers over the duration of the festival. Please note however that vehicles will not be allowed in the staff camping area.
You must be 18+ to work at our events, and have the right to live and work in Australia. ID checks will be conducted at Staff Registration prior to your first shift. Only the following forms of ID are acceptable for entry to the festival under WA Liquor Licensing Laws:
- A current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted);
- A current passport;
- WA Proof of Age Card;
- A current Australian learner’s driver permit;
- Proof of Age card or equivalent issued in an Australian state or territory;
- A current WA Photo Card;
- A current NSW Photo Card;
- A Photo Card issued by any Australian state or Territory similar to the NSW/WA Photo Card.
If you are keen to be involved, please fill out the form here to express your interest.
We will be in contact to offer positions approximately 1 month prior to the festival.
Become one of our Street Team members in order to volunteer for your ticket before the day of the event. All you’ll need to do is hand out posters and flyers arranged by our Street Team Coordinator and accumulate enough hours to get your ticket. Find out about what events you can volunteer for here.
If you have your RSA and are keen to do bar work at Southbound (or any of our events) then please apply directly to Independent Events.
Please register for paid and volunteer bar positions at www.independentevents.com.au.