Interested in working at Southbound 2015?
Event Staff and Volunteers
Want to experience WA’s iconic music festival from behind the scenes?
Well you can! We have various vacancies for paid and volunteer roles such as;
- helping set up the site before the festival begins;
- directing cars into the festival;
- welcoming patrons at the gate;
- as one of the cool campsite crew;
- coordinating festival buses;
- keeping the crews fed and watered as a part of our tireless staff registration team.
Regardless of what you do, the work is fun, it’s easy, and you’ll get to meet heaps of awesome people- all whilst you earn your event ticket!
To earn a Weekend Festival Ticket, you will be required to volunteer for 14 hours (2 x 7 hour shifts). To earn a Happy Camper ticket, you will be required to volunteer for 16 hours (2 x 8 hour set up shifts). All set up shifts are 8 hours, and shifts times and dates will be announced closer to the festival.
Staff camping is provided to set up staff/volunteers during the set up days, and to event staff/volunteers over the duration of the festival.
You must be 18+ to work at our events, and have the right to live and work in Australia. ID checks will be conducted at Staff Registration prior to your first shift. Only the following forms of ID are acceptable for entry to the festival under WA Liquor Licensing Laws:
- A current Australian driver’s license (international driver’s licenses won’t be accepted);
- A current passport;
- WA Proof of Age Card;
- A current Australian learner’s driver permit;
- Proof of Age card or equivalent issued in an Australian state or territory;
- A current WA Photo Card;
- A current NSW Photo Card;
- A Photo Card issued by any Australian state or Territory similar to the NSW/WA Photo Card.
If you are keen to be involved, please email your FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH and MOBILE NUMBER to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Southbound 2015 Work Application” as the email subject line, and indicate if you are looking for paid work, set up volunteer work or event volunteer work.
We will be in contact to offer positions approximately 1 month prior to the festival.
If you have your RSA and are keen to do bar work at Southbound (or any of our events) then please apply directly to Independent Events.
Please register for paid and volunteer bar positions at www.independentevents.com.au.